Hub of Inspiration, Haven of Motivation, Home of Spiritual Enlightenment and Helpmate For Information

ads header
  • Trending

    Saturday 30 May 2020

    Dear Father (Episode 10)





    Friday  came  quickly  and  Casimir  looked  forward  to  being  in  choir rehearsals.  He  rushed through his  meal, did  the  dishes  and  got  prepared before  me. I  took  permission  from  aunty  Shade  but  Sarah  cried  to  follow  us,  as  I  had  predicted, Aunty  Shade  refused  and  released only  Casimir  and  i.  we  got  to  church  in  no  distant time,    but  today  Uncle  Seun  came  quite  earlier  he  took  Casimir  with  him  and  they went  a  bit  far  from  where  the  piano  was  sited.  I  could  hear  the  strings  of  the  guitar and  so  I  needed  not  a  soothsayer  to  tell  me  that  uncle  Seun  was  putting  him through  the  guitar  while  I  was  left  alone  with  the  piano. I  released  wonderful  sounds  with  the  piano  that  the  other  choristers  who  came subsequently  just  stared  at  me.  Some  made  pleasant  gestures  at  me,  others  smiled, while  the  rest  clapped.  I  was  a  fast  learner  no  doubt  but  I  didn’t  know  I  would  be able  to  make  through  with  the  piano  after  two  classes.  Uncle  Seun  and  Casimir joined  us  soon  and  rehearsals  kicked  off.  At  this  point  in  time  I  was  no  longer attracted  to  Uncle  Seun,  I  can’t  say  if  I  hated  him  but  I  know  for  sure  that  I  loved him not  anymore  the  only  link  we  now  had was  Casimir who was learning the  guitar and  also  learning  how  to sing  too. One of  our  choristers  who  was  among  the big  aunties  taught  us  a  new  song  today, Ajoke  and  I  were  given  two  different  verses  to  solo,  while  we  were  done  we  also performed  a  duet  with  three  other  alto  singers,  I  also  had  my  hands  on  the  keys while  we  sang  together.  I  don’t  know  what  the  glory  of  God  actually  feels  like,  I have  never  experienced  it  but  during  rehearsals,  Ajoke  my  friend  spoke  in  tongues, I  recognized  it.  Dad  had  mentioned  the  baptism  of  the  Holy  Ghost  to  us  during devotions  but  I  wasn’t  baptized  yet.  But  here  was  Ajoke  whose  parents  were  not even  members  of  our  church  roaring  in  the  holy-ghost.  The  glory  of  the  lord  filled the  church,  I  admired  it  and  I  loved  Ajoke  the  more. By  the  time  rehearsals  had  ended,  Ajoke  was  still  in  her  state  of  dealing  with  the holy-ghost.  She  said  nothing  to  me,  she  only  cried  uncontrollably.  I  took  Casimir  by the  hand  and  we  headed  for  home.  I  wasn’t  happy,  I  wanted  to  experience  what my  friend  was  going  through,  and  I  longed  for  Holy  Ghost  baptism.  I  mean  why would God not baptize me in the Holy Ghost? Me whose parents were missionaries, pastors.  I  got  home  and  broke  the  news  of  what  happened  at  the  rehearsal  with prayed  for me  in  the  Holy  Ghost.   aunty  Shade  and  immediately  she  held  my  hands  in  the  kitchen  and  began  to  pray with  me.  I  felt  something  hot  enter  into  my  body,  I  began  to  scream  but  it  seems the  more  I  screamed  the  stronger  I  became.  Aunty  Shade  hugged  me  tight  as  she All  of  a  sudden  I  began  to  mutter  what  seemed  like  tongues,  it  was  so  heavy  at  first but  as I  continued,  I  began  to  flow.  I  fell to the  floor and  continued speaking  in  the Holy  Ghost,  I  didn’t  know  what  happened  next  until  I  stood  up  from  the  kitchen floor.  I  walked  quietly  to  the  sitting  room  and  met  my  siblings  and  aunty  shade praying  in  the  Holy  Ghost.  It  was a  wonderful  sight  to  behold  as  I  watched  my  little sister  who  was  in  primary  one  speak  in  the  Holy  Ghost  and  weeping,  she  was worshipping  from  the  very  depth  of  her  heart.  I  turned  to  look  at  Casimir  the guitarist,  he  had  his  hands  on  his  head  and  was  roaring  in  the  Holy  Ghost  too.  I looked  up  at  the  clock  and  it  was  9.00pm,  I  had  been  praying  for  over  an  hour!  I joined  them  in  the  circle  and  as  soon  as  aunty  Shade  noticed  my  presence,  she gradually ended  the prayer  and  gave  us dinner. It  was  a  night  of  re-dedication  for  us  all,  the  house  was  quiet  as  each  of  us  wondered what  had  happened  to  us.  Aunty  Shade  just  watched  as  we  had  our  dinner  and  she led  us  to  our  rooms while  she  went  back  to  the sitting  room.  I  knew  she  was  going to  read  her  Bible.  I  watched  her  as  she  left  our  room  and  I  wished  she  was  my mother.  I  made up  my  mind  not  to  call  her  aunty  Shade anymore,  I  introduced  the name  “small  mummy” to my  siblings and  that  was  her  new  address! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Tech

    Art