Hub of Inspiration, Haven of Motivation, Home of Spiritual Enlightenment and Helpmate For Information

ads header
  • Trending

    Thursday 28 May 2020

    Dear Father (Episode Five)




    Two Weeks after my  boarding  school to  take  me  home,  I  asked  after  my  father  and  he  said  my  parents  just  left  Ibadan  to Oshogbo  for  a  ministration.  My  countenance  fell  again  and  a  tear  dropped  from  my eyes.  Uncle  Seun  drew  me  close  to  himself  and  hugged  me,  it  didn’t  solve  my problem  but  I  felt  calm.   It  was  the  second  masculine  hug  in  three  months! In  no  distant  time  we  got  to  our  apartment,  Casimir  and  Sarah  were delighted  to  see big  sister  but  I  could  see the  disappointment  on  their  faces.  Sarah even  had  to ask  amidst  tears; “Sissy,  please  did  you  see  mum  and  dad  on  the  way”? “Mum and dad would be home soon,  ok”? I  couldn’t  bring  myself  to  tell  her  that  the  Oshogbo  conference  was  going  to  last  for a  week. While  I  sat  with  my  siblings  in  the  sitting  room,  there  was  a  knock  on  the  door  I peeped  through  the  security  hole  and  saw  Uncle  Seun.  “O!  He  must  have  come  to keep me company, what a  gentleman”  I  said  to  myself.  I  opened  the  door  and  there stood  Uncle  Seun  with  a  sanitary pad! 26 entrance  examination,  I  had already  told  everyone  who  cared to  hear  that  I  would  be  leaving  for  boarding school come  the  next  academic  session.  As  at  this  time,  I  hadn’t  even  seen  my  entrance results  then  not  to  talk  of  going  for  interview  nor  receiving  admission  letter.  I  don’t know if  it  was  faith  but  whichever  way,  I  was  calling  forth  those  things  that  are  not as though  they  were  and  my  admission  into the  boarding  school  was  paramount. And  just  like  a  miracle,  dad  received  a  text  message  inviting  Miss.  Zina  Folashade with  immediate  effect. Aderopo  for  her  interview.  Though  we  hadn’t  seen  the  entrance  results  but  the  fact that  I  was  invited  for  the  interview  means  I  passed  the  entrance  examinations.  The interview  went  smoothly  and  preparations  to  go  the  boarding  school  commenced As mum prepared me for school, she also prepared our luggage to move to our new station.  Casimir  and  Sarah  have  come  to  accept  our  new  fate  besides  what  could they  do? Absolutely  nothing! Three  weeks  later  we  vacated  our  three-  bedroom  apartment  in  the  heart  of  Lagos and  we  relocated  to  the heart  of  Ibadan.  Dad  and  mum  started  a  new  church  with immediate  effect  and  my  siblings  and  I  were  addressed  as  OMO  PASTOR.  As  time went  on,  members  began  to  troop  in  to  our  church  and  one  could  see  that  of  a truth  the  lord  was  with  us.   One  month later,  I  went  to  the  boarding school. Boarding school for me was a world of  its  own.  From  the  very  first  day  I  bade  my  parents’  goodbye,  it  hasn’t  been  easy. Not  because  I  lacked  provisions  but  there  was  something  about  the  environment that  my  spirit  contended  with. A  day  after  my  arrival,  I  bumped  into  Harvey.  Harvey  had  a  dual  citizenship,  mere looking  at  him  I  knew  he  was  not  a  total  Nigerian.  His  hair  was  like  those  of  the Americans’  I  had  seen  on  television  and  I  admired  it.  He  collected  my  file  from  me and as  God  would  have  it  we  were  in  the  same  class;  Jss1  y.  he  took  me  to  our  class room  and  from  the  way I  stared  at him,  he  asked  me  if  I  had  questions to ask. school” “D-i-a-s-p-o-r-a?  What  does that  mean”? “Why  are  you  here?  I  mean,  you  are  not  a  Nigerian  so  what  are  you  doing  in  our “Well,  my  mum  is a  Nigerian  in  diaspora and  my  dad  is an  American” “She’s  based  abroad  even  though  she’s  from  Ibadan  here” “She’s  currently  running her  Master’s  programme here and I decided to come down with  her” “That  sounds interesting”…… Harvey  doesn’t  look  like  we  the  black  kids.  He  looked  way  older  than  his  age  and  to wrap  it  up  his handsomeness  was  heavenly.  Harvey  already  had  a  seat  partner  and so I got  to  seat  with  Cynthia  just  directly  at  the  back  of  Harvey.  We  were  interrupted by  a  tall  and  lanky  lady,  Harvey  whispered to  me  and  said she  was our class  teacher. “Good-day  class” “Good-day  Mrs.  Badmus” “Do  we  have  any  new  student  in  our  midst”? Just  before  I  could  stand  to  my  feet,  the  whole  class  chorused  “yes”!!!!!.  At  this point,  I  was  so  shy  and  I  felt  like  the  ground  should  open  and  swallow  me. Mrs.  Badmus  is  all  shades  of  goodness.  She  made  me  introduce  myself  to  the  class and  she  in  turn  introduced  herself  to  me.  She  collected  my  parents’  contact  and from  that  day  forward  she  became  my  guardian. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Tech

    Art