Hub of Inspiration, Haven of Motivation, Home of Spiritual Enlightenment and Helpmate For Information

ads header
  • Trending

    Thursday 28 May 2020

    Dear Father (Episode six)

     


    My school was a mixed school and as such we stayed in the same classroom with the opposite sex but our hostels were far from each other. But that didn’t stop the big boys of the school to jump into female hostels. On one occasion immediately after our night prep (night prep occur between 7-9pm, it’s a period when students go out to read), the whole of female hostel was in turmoil as some big boys were caught in our hostel. The school authority expelled them but that didn’t deter other students. One faithful evening after I have been punished by a senior student, I began to miss home. There was nothing interesting about the boarding school to me anymore and I wondered what Jerry saw in his own school that made him enjoy every bit of it. I missed my parents, Casimir and Sarah, I missed our new church and I wondered how mum and dad would be faring. I didn’t know I had slept off when thinking and crying then suddenly, pankere landed on my back. It was senior Tomisin, she flogged me for not going out for lunch this made me cry the more and I fell sick.  I woke up on the school’s clinic bed with Cynthia and Harvey beside me, I began to cry afresh and Harvey consoled me. He hugged me so tight that I didn’t want to let
     go.  Since  I  couldn’t  have  my  parents  at  the  moment,  having  Harvey  won’t  be  a  bad idea  after  all,  I  thought. I  got  used  to  boarding  school  life  very  quickly,  but  my  parents  never  got  to  visit  me. Whenever it  was  time  for my  visiting,  it’s either  a  female  church  member  visits me or  a  male  church  member  visits  me.  Even  while  we  were  on  holidays,  a  church member  comes  to  pick  me  up  from  school  and  even  on  getting  home,  I  never  got to  see  mum  and  dad.  They  were  either  on  evangelism  or  they  were  outside  Ibadan for ministrations.  One  of  the  days when  I  tried  to complain  mum  said; “Zina,  the  harvest  is  plenty  and  the  laborers  are  few” I  opened my  mouth to speak  again  and  she  said; “The  zeal  of  our  father’s house  has consumed  us” solace  in  my  phone.   I  knew  there  was  no  point  arguing  with  her  that  particular  day  and  so  I  just  found Jss1  soon  ended  and  I  was  promoted  to  the  next  class,  I  made  straight  A’s  and  I couldn’t  wait  to  show  mum  and  dad  my  first  result.  I  placed  a  call  to  Dad  through Mrs.  Badmus  and  Dad promised  he  was  going  to  come  pick  me  up.  I  rushed  back  to the  hostel  and  packed  my  bags,  I  made  way  to  the  school  gate  to  search  for  my beloved  father  and  for  three  hours  I  sat  on  my  box  under  the  scorching  sun  and father  came  not.  At  this  point  in  time  I  wept  so  hard,  I  didn’t  know  my  way  home and  even  if  I  did  I  had  no  money  to  go  home.  The  worms  in  my  stomach  were fighting  so  hard  and  as  I  lifted  up  my  head  I  saw  what  looked  like  my  Dad’s  car,  I was  a  bit  relieved  and  I  ran  forward  to  meet  him.  On  getting  there,  it  was  uncle Seun,  the  last  brother  who  had  come  for  my  visiting.  This  time  around  he  had  come 
    to  take  me  home,  I  asked  after  my  father  and  he  said  my  parents  just  left  Ibadan  to Oshogbo  for  a  ministration.  My  countenance  fell  again  and  a  tear  dropped  from  my eyes.  Uncle  Seun  drew  me  close  to  himself  and  hugged  me,  it  didn’t  solve  my problem  but  I  felt  calm.   It  was  the  second  masculine  hug  in  three  months! In  no  distant  time  we  got  to  our  apartment,  Casimir  and  Sarah  were delighted  to  see big  sister  but  I  could  see the  disappointment  on  their  faces.  Sarah even  had  to ask  amidst  tears; “Sissy,  please  did  you  see  mum  and  dad  on  the  way”? “Mum and dad would be home soon,  ok”? I  couldn’t  bring  myself  to  tell  her  that  the  Oshogbo  conference  was  going  to  last  for a  week. While  I  sat  with  my  siblings  in  the  sitting  room,  there  was  a  knock  on  the  door  I peeped  through  the  security  hole  and  saw  Uncle  Seun.  “O!  He  must  have  come  to keep me company, what a  gentleman”  I  said  to  myself.  I  opened  the  door  and  there stood  Uncle  Seun  with  a  sanitary pad! 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Tech

    Art