Hub of Inspiration, Haven of Motivation, Home of Spiritual Enlightenment and Helpmate For Information

ads header
  • Trending

    Friday 29 May 2020

    Dear Father (Episode seven)




    I had  seen  it  on  the  T.V set  and  I  recognized  it  immediately,  just  when  I was  about  to query  him  Casimir  shouted  from  behind; “Sissy,  you’ve  injured  yourself” I  turned  around,  only  to see  that  my  skirt  was  stained  with  blood.  I  looked  at  uncle sanitary pad.   “Erm… but  I  don’t  know how  to use  it” Seun  and  he  said  I  stained  the  car  seat  too  and  that  prompted  him  to  get  me  a “Don’t  worry,  I  will teach  you,  first  go and  shower” I  ran  into  the  shower  room  and  I  freshened  up,  I  brought  out  my  pant  to  him  based on  his instructions  and  he  fixed  my  sanitary pad  for me. He  told  me  that  I  was  now a  woman.  He  went  to  our  freezer  and  brought  out  a  pack  of  juice  to  celebrate  my womanhood. I  knew  nothing  about  menstruation  or  womanhood  or  even  sexual  education, absolutely  nothing  and  mum  who  was  supposed  to  teach  me  was  very  far  away. Uncle  Seun  later  left  our  home  when  the  “celebration”  was  over  and  I  was  left  with my  siblings  to  cater  for.  I  quickly  went  into  the  kitchen  with  Sarah  and  we  prepared jollof rice  for dinner;  our  Friday’s  menu. I  really  had  a  lot  of  catching  up  to  do  with  my  siblings.  Casmir  mentioned  that  mum and  Dad’s  routine  is  no  longer  new  to  them  as  they  had  home  keepers  from  the church  who stayed with them till  our  parents  returned from their  outreaches. There was  a  loud  knock  on  our  door  and  so  I  ran  to  check  though  the  security  hole.  Out there  stood  a  lady  so  chubby  but  beautiful, her  looks  reminded  me of  aunty  Titi  at our  former  church;  the  lady  who  loves  to  compliment  only  dad.  I  quickly  let  her  in but  not  without  her  introducing  herself.  Casmir  and  Sarah  also  recognized  her  as the  lady  who  stays  with  them  during  the  night  hours  till  our  parents’  returns  from their  trip.  I  introduced  myself  to her  and  we  got  along  real  quick. Sunday  came  quickly  and  my  siblings  and  I  dressed  up  for  church.  It  was  just  a  stone taught. throw  from  our  house.    We  got  to  church  on  time  as  Bible  study  was  still  being “Dad’s  church  is  really  growing”  I  said  to  myself  as  I  looked  round  the  church,  new faces  here  and  there,  some  were  beautiful  and  others  were  just  there.  The  ones who had  seen  me  before  I  left  for the  boarding  school  smiled  at  me  and  I  smiled  in return.  They  spoke  more  of  Yoruba  but  my  siblings  and  I  were  still  trying  to  learn and  so  there  were  no  much  conversations  between  the  teenagers  at  the  church and  my  siblings. Bible  study  soon  ended  and  the  main  service  kicked  off.  Dad  wasn’t  here  yet  and so  his  assistant  took charge  of  the  service.  They  had  an  interpreter  too  who  spoke in  English  while  dad’s  assistant  spoke  in  Yoruba.  Uncle  Seun  was  the  interpreter  but this  day  he  appeared  more  different  than  when  he  came  to  pick  me  at  school  and during  the  celebration  of  my  womanhood. He was  tall,  brown  skinned,  his  tiny  eyes fitted  perfectly  to  his  eye-socket,  and  his  hair?  O  my!  The  carvings  on  his  head reminded  me  of  Harvey,  “my  boarding  school  boyfriend”.  Uncle  Seun  smiled  at  me often,  I  guessed he  noticed I’ve been staring at  him.  All  I could recall  at  that  moment was  the  hug  he  gave me  at  school. We  kept  stealing  glances  at  each  other  even  while  he  was  on  the  pulpit  and  I enjoyed  every  bit  of  it!  The  preaching  soon  ended,  though  I  understood  nothing and  it  was  time  for  the  chorister’s  anthem.  Uncle  Seun  led  the  choristers  and  they presented  a  wonderful  Yoruba  song,  this  made  me  like  him  more  and  more  for  I have  always  loved  to  sing  in  church.  Whilst  the  service  came  to  an  end,  I  hurriedly went  to  the  choir  stand  and  I  requested  to  join  the  choristers,  I  was  directed  to uncle  Seun. He  sat  on  the  keyboardist’s  seat  and  as  he  watched  me  come  to  him  he  let  out  a lovely  smile  that  almost  made  me  miss  my  steps.  I  got  to  him  and  lost  the  words  to express  myself  for  his  handsomeness  is  pot  of  this  world.  I  was  jeered  back  to  life by  a  tap  on  my  shoulders and  I  began  to stutter “Erm….Erm...  I  would  like  to be  among  the  church  choristers” “Is  that  all or do you  want  any  other thing….? “No,  no,  no that’s all” “Ok  then,  rehearsals  is  every  Wednesday  before  midweek  service  and  every  Friday by  4pm” “You  can  go now” didn’t  like  the  way he  dismissed  me,  at  least  I  expected  another  hug  from  him. “Well  maybe it’s  because  we  are  in  church”  I  muttered  to  myself  as  I  went  in  search of  my  siblings and  aunty  shade;  our  house  keeper  for the  moment 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Tech

    Art