Hub of Inspiration, Haven of Motivation, Home of Spiritual Enlightenment and Helpmate For Information

ads header
  • Trending

    Wednesday 27 May 2020

    Dear Father (Episode Four)


     

    The service  ended  in  no  distant  time  but  as  usual  mum  and  dad  had  series  of people  waiting  to  see  them  after  service  and  so  my  siblings  and  I  just  waited  within the  church  premises.  It  was  while  we  waited  that  I  met  jerry.  Jerry  is  Evangelist Solomon’s  son  but  he  was  two  years  older  than  myself  and  he  was  already  in secondary  school  while  I  was  yet  to  write  my  common  entrance  examination  for my  supposed  school  of  choice  the  next  day.  Jerry  made  my  day  with  all  his  gist about  the  boarding  school  and  immediately  I  fell  in  love  with  the  boarding  school. I  made  up  my  mind  to  attend  a  boarding  school.  But  how  was  I  supposed  to  bring my  parents  to agree  to this seeing  the  current  situation  in  our  home?  It  was  either boarding  school  or  nothing,  my  mind was  made  up  and  that  was final. Two-hours  later  my  parents  and  Jerry’s  parents  were  ready  to  leave  for  home,  I bade  Jerry  good-bye  from  the  car’s  window  as  daddy  drove  away.  As  we  sat  on  the dining  table  to  eat,  mum  and  dad  kept  stealing  glances  at  each  other  and  I  knew better  than  interrupting  that  quiet  moment.  Suddenly,  daddy  coughed  and  said  he had  something  to  tell  us.  I  immediately  stopped  eating  as I’ve  been  waiting  for  this moment. 

    “It  is  a  good  thing  to  serve  in  the  lord’s  vineyard.  Several  weeks  back,  your  mum and  I  came  back  home  separately  with  burdens  too  heavy  for  us  to  utter.  We  are sorry  for keeping  you  all in  the  dark  but  as  it  stands now,  we  have  decided  that  we tell you  the  situation  of  things.  The  lord  is sending  us into full-time  ministry  and  by this  I  mean  that  we  are  both  resigning  from  our  jobs  to  face  the  ministry  squarely in  another  state  and  that  means  we  are  leaving  this  house.  It’s  a  good  thing  that Zina  will  be  writing  her  common-entrance  examination  tomorrow,  so  it  would  be easier  for  us  to  get  her  admitted  in  a  new  school.  Casimir  and  Sarah  will  also  get  to change  their  schools  respectively.  We  urge  you  to  please  bear  with  us  and understand  that  this is beyond  our  control” Before  daddy  could  end  his  speech,  Casimir  and  Sarah  were  already  in  tears.  All efforts  to  get  them  together  proved  futile.  Their  major  concern  were  their  friends set  of  friends. at  school  and  church  respectively.  I  didn’t  cry  not  because  I  liked  the  situation  at hand but because  I  had plans  of leaving  for  the  boarding  school.  So  why  my  parents and  siblings  were  in  their  new  station,  I  would  be  in  the  boarding  school  with  new I  presented  my  matter before  my  parents; I  told  them  about  going  to the  boarding school  and  without  wasting  time,  they  agreed  and  plans  to  write  another  entrance examination  was  put  into place. My  siblings  wore  a  long  face  throughout  the  night  while  I  fantasized  about  my  life in the  boarding  school.  I  couldn’t  wait  to  experience all  that  Jerry  said  to  me while we  were  in  church,  I  painted  pictures  of  how  I  was  going  to  behave  in  the  boarding school,  I  was  still lost  in  my  world  of  fantasy  when  I  slept  off. Morning  came  so  quickly  and  I  dressed  up  for my  entrance  examination.   

    Do  I  really  have  to  write  this  examination  reason  being  that  I  would  be  going  to  a boarding  school”? “Zina,  do  not  put  all  your  eggs  in  one  basket.  What  if  you  don’t  pass  the  boarding school’s entrance  examination”? “But  mum you’ve  always taught  us to be  optimistic  about  life,  why  then…….”? “Zina  will you  keep  quiet  and  get  into the  car”? I  grudgingly  walked  into  the  car  and  mum  drove  us  to  school.  She  dropped  my siblings  off  and  we  headed  for  the  entrance  venue.  I  said  nothing  to  her  as  she drove  and  she  said  nothing  to  me  either.  We  got  to  MAY  INTERNATIONAL  GROUP OF  SCHOOLS  and  before  we  alighted, mum  held  my  hands  and  prayed  for  me.  She led  me  to  the  class  for  my  exam  while  she  waited  outside  the  school’s  premises  for me. The  examination  was  quite  simple  as  I  finished  thirty  minutes  before  time. As  I  sat  back  to  cross-check  my  work,  I  looked  beside  me  and  saw  a girl  in  tears,  she explained  that  she  didn’t  know  what  to  write  and  that  she  needed  my  help.  Mum had  always  talked  to  us  about  examination  malpractice  of  any  kind  in  fact  she mentioned it  while  she  was  praying  for  me  this  morning.  I  didn’t  want  to  sin  against God  by  indulging  in  examination  malpractice  but  the  tears  of  this  girl  moved  me and  I  remembered  that  mum  has  always  taught  us  to  be  good  to  people  and  so  I decided  to  help  her.  I  opened  my  work  for  her  to  copy  and  in  no  distant  time,  she was  done. I  quickly  went  to our invigilator  and  submitted  my  script  and  right  in  my very  before  my  script  was  torn  in  shreds.  The  invigilator  accused  me  of  examination malpractice,  all efforts to explain  myself  failed  as he  gave  me  a  fresh  script. 

    As  I  sat  down  to  start  afresh, I  was  already  psychologically  weak, I  tried  my  best to scribble  some  things  on  my  script  but  in  no  distant  time  the  bell  was  rung.  My  script was  collected  from  me  and  I  broke  down  in  tears.  What  was  I  supposed  to  tell mum? I made up my mind I wasn’t going to disclose what had happened to anybody not even  mum.  I  wiped  my  tears  and  headed  for the  gate.   “Zina,  how  was your  exams?” “It  was  fine  mum,  God  be praised” “I  hope  you  didn’t  indulge  in  examination  malpractice?” At  the  mention  of  that  word,  my  heart  skipped  a  beat  and  I  coughed  as  though  I was  choking,  she  quickly  got  me  water  and  we  got  into the car. Several  weeks  after,  the  boarding  school’s  entrance  examination  was  fixed  and  I vowed  to  give  my  best.  The  experience  at  MAY  INTERNATIONAL  GROUP  OF SCHOOLS  came  knocking  and  I  dismissed  it  with  a  song  of  praise.  As  usual,  mum drove  me  again  to  the  venue  of  my  entrance  examination.  I  got  into  the  class  and sat  down  quietly  not  talking  to  any  friend  or  foe,  I  gave  my  shots  and  in  two-hour’s time  I  was  out  of  the  hall.  This  particular  exam  was  not  as  easy  as  the  first  entrance examination  and so right from the  hall  I  was  scared for  myself  already,  reason  being that  the  result  of  the  first  entrance  examination  had  come  a  day  before  and I  scored 50  out  of  400.  I  couldn’t  bring  myself  to  explain  to  my  parents  what  transpired  in the  examination  hall  and  so  I  just  kept  my  cool  and  prayed  to  God  to  help  my dreams of  going  to a  boarding  school  come  to  pass. 

    Did  my  dreams come  to pass??? 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Tech

    Art