Hub of Inspiration, Haven of Motivation, Home of Spiritual Enlightenment and Helpmate For Information

ads header
  • Trending

    Sunday 31 May 2020

    Dear Father (Episode 11)


     Days  turned  into  weeks  and  school  was  set  to  resume.  I  had  mixed feelings  of  pain,  joy  and  sadness.  I  was  going  to  miss  my  small  mummy,  her  words of  encouragement,  advice,  bible  studies  and  prayers.  I  didn’t  want  to  leave  her sight;  she  has become  so  part  of  me  even  more  than  my  biological  mother. The  day  for  departure  came  and  aunty  shade  drove  me  to  school.  As  we  drove  past the  church  premises,  I  could  hear  the  voices  of  the  choristers,  I  could  hear  the  voice of  my  Ajoke,  I  was  going  to  miss  her  the most.  I  didn’t  tell  uncle  Seun  I  was  leaving our  parents………. for  school,  I  disliked  him  already  and  so  there  was  no  need  for  such  familiarity.  So many  things  flew  across  my  mind  as  I  sat  in  the  car,  I  thought  of  my  siblings,  I thought  of  my  absentee  parents,  I  wondered  how  my  siblings  would  cope  without “Zina,  we  are  in  school  now,  don’t  you  want  to alight  from  the car?” “Erm…Erm… ok  aunty” I  wiped  my  tears  with  the  back  of  my  hands  and  alighted  from  the  car.  Small mummy prayed  for me,  blessed  me  and  off I  went  to the  students’  world. I  got  into  my  hostel  and  lots  of  students  had  already  arrived  and  unpacking  their bags  into  their  wardrobes.  I  quietly  sat  on  my  bed  to  unpack  my  luggage  when  I began  to  hear  strange  sounds  in  front  of  me.  I  recognized  that  bunk  to  be  senior Theresa’s  bunk  and  so  I  peeped  further  to  know  the  cause  of  the  noise.  Lo  and behold,  I  saw  senior  Theresa  and  another  student  sleeping  together,  like  they  were actually lesbians.  I  couldn’t  control myself  and  I  let  out  a  loud  shout  and  ran  out  of the  hostel.   I  stood  out  for  quite  a  long  time  and  by  the  time  I  had  returned,  senior  Theresa  and her  lesbian  partner  were  sitting  on  my  mattress  and  waiting  for  me.  They  talked  me into  believing  that  what  they  were  doing  was  actually  right  and  that  nothing  was wrong  with  it...   “Zina, we are grown-ups  and  we  are  far  older  than  you  and  as  such  we  know  what is  good  and  bad.  You  see  as  a  woman  who  has  started  menstruating  and  you  are not  yet  married,  you  should  have  a  bosom  friend  who  is  a  lady  that  touches  you  on a  daily  basis.  Inability  to  get  yourself  being  touched  could  lead  to  barrenness  and painful  menstruation” I  listened  to  senior  Theresa  with  keen  interest  and  attention,  I  didn’t  know  if  what she  said  was  true  and  so  I  made  up  my  mind  to ask  my  mum.   The  next  day  was  Monday,  I  had  a  lot  of  questions  on  my  mind.  I  got  to  class  so bothered  and  with  a  heavy  heart,  I  just  sat  still  while  I  waited  for  my  new  form teacher;  Mrs.  Akinsanya.  I  was  still  lost  in  thoughts  when  someone  tapped  me  from behind,  I  turned  backwards  to  see  that  it  was  Harvey.  He  was  all  shades  of handsomeness,  chubby  and  wore  a  wonderful  cologne.  I  had  really  missed  his company,  he  hugged  me  and  we  got  to catch  up  on  holiday  gist. I  narrated  what  happened  at  my  hostel  the  previous  day  to  Harvey  but  to  my greatest  surprise,  he  wasn’t  shocked  a  bit.  Instead  he  told  me  his  own  version  of the  story: “As  a  girl  who  has  started  menstruation,  there’s  no  harm  in  having  someone  to yourself.  It’s  not  necessary  that  it  must  be  a  man  or  a  woman,  what  matters  is  that there’s  someone  that  touches  you  at  intervals  to  avoid  painful  menstruation, barrenness  and  even  waist  pains especially  if  your  partner  is a  man…….” I  listened  to  Harvey  with  keen  interest,  by  this  time  beads  of  sweat  were  already running  down  to my  neck. I  was  confused,  I  didn’t  know  who to  believe. If  allowing  a  man/woman  touch  me  would  reduce  menstruation  pains  and  not make  me  barren,  why  then  will  aunty  shade  my  small  mummy  tell  me  to  practice more  confused  I  became. purity  till  I  get  married?  Does  she  want  me  to  keep  having  pains  till  I  get  married? Does  she  want  me  to  be  barren?  Can  a  man  actually touch  me  and  a  woman  touch me  at  the  same  time?  Will  their  separate  touches  do  separate  things  to  my  body system?.....A  lot  of  thoughts  ran  through  my  mind,  and  the  more  I  kept  thinking  the I  was  still  lost  in  thoughts  when  Mrs.  Akinsanya  our  form  teacher  walked  in,  we stood  up  as  a  class  and  greeted  her.  She  welcomed  us  to  a  new  session  and  have us introduce  ourselves one  after  the  other. She  wasn’t  as  friendly  as  Mrs.  Badmus  and  so  I  couldn’t  get  to  meet  her  to  call  my mum.  I  quickly  walked  out  in  search  of  Mrs.  Badmus,  on  seeing  her  I  pleaded  with her  to  help  me  put  a  call across  to my  mummy….. “Hello  mummy,  i….i  want  to talk  to  you  about  something” “Zina,  I’m  on  my  way  to  Abeokuta  for  a  singles  programme,  I  will  call  you  later  ok?” “Mummy,  please  its  urgent,  hello,  hello,  he…llo,  Hel…..” (PHONE  CUTS) I  was very  devastated  as  I  couldn’t  get  mum  to  talk  to  me  and  to  crown  it  all  I  didn’t have  aunty  shade  my  small  mummy’s  phone  number.  I  would  have  to  wait  for  my visiting  day  to  see  aunty  shade.  But  what  if  she  wouldn’t  be  the  one  to  come  visit me  by  month  end?????   

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Tech

    Art